Roof-mounted AC system – AC353-5
The 5th generation AC353 has a new look. Its minimalistic design, as well as its clear lines and contours, makes the AC353-5 unmistakably more puristic and dynamic than ever before.
Reliable, durable and robust: the AC353-5 combines the groundbreaking features of the AC353 product family into a single system. The reduction in refrigerant and electricity consumption, which is a saving of up to 10% compared to the previous AC353 G4 generation, ensures a sustainable energy balance. With a cooling capacity of 27 kW in the basic version through to the powerful variant with a 6-cylinder compressor and a cooling capacity of 48kW, the AC353-5 is designed for use in both temperate climate zones and hot countries. With a switch-off temperature of 46°C and a cooling capacity of 27kW, the Tropic Version AC353-530 is the light and compact alternative for use at high ambient temperatures.
The AC353-5 is the enhancement of the 4th generation. In detail, the AC353-5 features the following optimisations:
- Cooling capacity increased to 48kW
- Weight reduced by up to 10%*
- Power consumption reduced by 10%*
- Refrigerant consumption reduced by 10–15%*
- Increased durability thanks to 25% reduction in refrigerant lines
* Version-specific figures
The AC353-5 combines cutting-edge components with state-of-the-art technology and offers extensive benefits:
- For use in all kinds of buses equipped with side air ducting
- For use in all climate zones
- Environmentally friendly because less refrigerant is required
- Reduced life-cycle costs
- Standardised mounting surfaces and roof apertures makes installation simpler