Dr. Günter Baumann Chairman of the Advisory Board
Dr. Günter A. Baumann has been chairman of the advisory board of the Eberspächer group since 2006. He joined the group in 1974 as President/Managing Partner and took over company management in 1988.
Günter Baumann was born 1939 in Ansbach, Bavaria. He is married and has three children. After studying physics at the Technical University of Munich (degree in 1964), he earned his doctorate in 1967 at the Technical University of Darmstadt. He was then employed at DuPont de Nemours in Frankfurt until 1973.
- President of the IHK (Chamber of Industry and Commerce) for the Stuttgart region from 2001 to 2009
- Vice President of the DIHK (German Association of Chambers of Commerce and Industry) from 2005 to 2009
- Member of the Advisory Board of the VDA (German Association of the Automotive Industry) from 1990 to 2005
- President of CLEPA, Brussels (European Association of Automotive Industry Suppliers) from 1997 to 1998
- In 2009 he was awarded the Federal Cross of Merit, First Class